Dinner parties ‘can boost your social status’
London: Forget dining out at expensive restaurants, for eating in can actually increase your social status, according to a new study.
A third of people think that hosting a successful dinner party gives a boost to their standing – and they are willing to go to extremes to impress, reports a news daily.
Flowers, new outfits and even new furnishings top the bill for quality entertaining at home.
In the survey, three in four women said that they would rather host a dinner party at home than eat out, with reasons given including control of calorie intake.
However, a sly 11 per cent of 1,000 people quizzed by After Eight chocolates admitted passing off shop food as their own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Can you see the correct picture? Click to know
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- This Rajasthan temple has over 20,000 rats – Click here to know more about it
- Powerful Santana Gopala Mantra for women who wish to conceive