Dinner parties ‘can boost your social status’
London: Forget dining out at expensive restaurants, for eating in can actually increase your social status, according to a new study.
A third of people think that hosting a successful dinner party gives a boost to their standing – and they are willing to go to extremes to impress, reports a news daily.
Flowers, new outfits and even new furnishings top the bill for quality entertaining at home.
In the survey, three in four women said that they would rather host a dinner party at home than eat out, with reasons given including control of calorie intake.
However, a sly 11 per cent of 1,000 people quizzed by After Eight chocolates admitted passing off shop food as their own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles