Dipannita does not use exotic skin
Guwahati: Model-turned-actress Dipannita Sharma has appeared in the latest advertisement of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to highlight the horror of using reptile skins for exotic fashion.
The advertisement with the punchline of "Exotic animals belong in the wild, not in your wardrobe" features Sharma wearing a bodysuit that resembles a snake-skin and lying on a tree trunk in a jungle setting.
Sharma, in a release issued by PETA today, points out that snakes, crocodiles and other reptiles were being skinned alive, for fashion.
"I have never, ever used exotic skin in my life. I have never understood the style quotient of carrying a clutch for which an animal has had to go through so much torture", Sharma, who hails from Assam, pointed out.
"I don`t think it takes away from my fashion quotient or style quotient because I am carrying faux (artificial) leather and something for which an animal has not gone through torture", Sharma added.
Sharma`s latest film `Pizza` is set to release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Is Pitra Dosha really a curse of our ancestors? Let's find out
- 'Love hormone' may quieten the ringing ears condition
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles