Diplomat lauds Yash Chopra`s contribution in promoting Switzerland
Panaji: The contribution of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra in promoting the scenic locales of Switzerland through his romantic films has been lauded by a senior diplomat from the country.
"He loved Switzerland. That is why even when he shot his films in Kashmir, he came to Switzerland to shoot more," Warner Nivergelt, Consul General of Switzerland in Mumbai, told a gathering of Goan businessmen yesterday.
Nivergelt also remembered visiting the late Bollywood legend`s office in Mumbai.
"He had one wall full only with the awards from Switzerland," the Consul General said.
"Chopra came there for a honeymoon and later came back to shoot films there. He will be missed," Nivergelt said.
Describing his country as "peaceful and innovative" and extending an invitation to the Indian businessmen for trade ties, the diplomat said, "Switzerland has more than just chocolates, watches and cheese to offer to India. It has a lot to offer as a business opportunity as it is a European leader in innovations."
"Switzerland has been witnessing 3.3 per cent year by year growth in the innovation performance. We don`t want to be just best but we want to be efficient, which is the key," he said.
Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) President Manguirish Pai Raikar pointed out that the trade between both the countries stood at 4.8 billion USD during last year and it is expected to increase this year.
Raikar said the trade ties with Switzerland is a good idea because unlike India, the country has stable economy.
The function was organised by Swiss-Indian Chamber of Commerce, Consulate General of Switzerland in Mumbai and Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys