Doctors told me I was dying, says Morrissey
Los Angeles: Veteran singer Morrissey reveals that doctors had told him he was "dying" after he vomited blood during his terrifying health battle earlier this year.
The former The Smiths frontman axed his entire North American tour in March when he was diagnosed with double pneumonia and throat condition Barrett`s oesophagus after months of illness.
Now he has revealed his health scare was sparked by a collapse in his hotel room in January, reports contactmusic.com.
"It was terrible. I had played in January in Ohio, and I was perfect, but the next night at the hotel I collapsed. I lost consciousness and when I recovered, I was covered in black blood and did not know what it was,” said the singer.
“I was taken to a hospital (where doctors) quickly discovered I had an ulcer, Barrett`s oesophagus, and then (it) all finished in double pneumonia. I spent over four weeks on a drip, but I refused a blood transfusion.
"Not being able to finish the tour was devastating, but doctors warned me: `A few weeks ago you almost died, and now you say you`ll do 18 shows more? Are you trying to kill yourself?` In fact, I think that was what I was doing,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Elijah Wood fascinated with India's culture on maiden trip
- Unmissable! Dear Salman Khan fans, know what’s in store for you
- Know why ‘Dheere Dheere’ featuring Hrithik Roshan, Sonam Kapoor is a massive hit!
- Smiling selfie of a separating couple has gone viral
- Welcome Back movie review: Want to crack a rib with laughter fit? Watch it!