Dolly Parton defends Miley Cyrus
London: Miley Cyrus` godmother Dolly Parton has defended the singer, saying she also faced criticism in her young days.
Like Cyrus, Parton grew up in the spotlight, with her career already underway at age 10. The seven-time Grammy winner said she understands what Cyrus is going through, reported a magazine.
"Yeah, well I do, `cause back in the day, doing my own things my own way, and dressing sexy and showing my cleavage and all that, I got a lot of criticism. Lots of people thought I was making a mistake and that I was just trashy, which I was," Parton, 68, said.
"So I did go through that, but I don`t give her advice. Everyone has to walk this journey according to their own rules. That`s what she`s doing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'