Dolly Parton defends Miley Cyrus
London: Miley Cyrus` godmother Dolly Parton has defended the singer, saying she also faced criticism in her young days.
Like Cyrus, Parton grew up in the spotlight, with her career already underway at age 10. The seven-time Grammy winner said she understands what Cyrus is going through, reported a magazine.
"Yeah, well I do, `cause back in the day, doing my own things my own way, and dressing sexy and showing my cleavage and all that, I got a lot of criticism. Lots of people thought I was making a mistake and that I was just trashy, which I was," Parton, 68, said.
"So I did go through that, but I don`t give her advice. Everyone has to walk this journey according to their own rules. That`s what she`s doing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: We bet you haven’t seen these family pictures of Priyanka Jagga Muise!
- Lady Gaga doesn't like comparison with Madonna, says 'we are very different'
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more
- 'Logan' trailer: You simply can't afford to miss Hugh Jackman's final portrayal of Wolverine
- Malfoy from Harry Potter left mighty impressed with acid attack survivors' cafe in India!
- Little things in Paris inspire me: Rocky S
- Diwali 2016: This festive season buy these gadgets for your kids
- On Karva Chauth, applying mehendi goes sky-high
- Donald Trump documentary: Michael Moore releases ‘Michael Moore in TrumpLand’