Don`t cage birds, let them fly, urges Adah Sharma
Mumbai: Actress Adah Sharma has joined PETA`s latest ad campaign to extend her support against cruelty and caging of birds and has urged the people to let the feathered creatures fly freely.
"Don`t keep birds in cages. Don`t keep any other animal or any wildlife, especially birds, in cages. They (birds) are wild animals and not domesticated animals like cats and dogs," Adah told reporters here Tuesday while shooting for PETA`s (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) latest ad campaign.
The ‘1920’ and ‘Hum Hai Raahi Car Ke’ fame actress discourages people from caging birds.
"I don`t encourage people who keep birds or any other animal in cages. It`s a heinous crime and you should not do it," said the 24-year-old.
For the campaign`s photo shoot, Adah dressed herself in white attire to look like a bird and locked herself in a cage.
"People clip the wings of birds sometimes and just leave them out in their house and they say we are leaving them free to roam around in the house, but that is not freedom," she said, adding that putting birds in cages is like giving them the death sentence.
"So don`t keep birds in cages, don`t give them that death sentence," Adah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut REVEALS her best scenes chopped off from 'Rangoon'!
- 'Rangoon' humble tribute to Netaji, INA: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Hrithik Roshan would love to dance with the world's heaviest woman Eman Ahmed!
- Priyanka Chopra to attend Oscars 2017 and look who's with her!
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision