Dwayne Johnson`s mother and cousin hit by drunk driver
Los Angeles: WWE wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson has revealed that his mother Ata Naivia-Johnson and his cousin, Lina Fanene, survived a car accident caused by an alleged drunk driver.
The 42-year-old `Hercules` star posted a snap of the wreckage on Instagram, reported a website.
He captioned it with, "My mom & cousin were struck head on by a drunk driver this week - they lived. First reaction is to find the person who did this and do unrelenting harm to them.
"But then you realize the most important thing is my family lived through this and we can hug each other that much tighter these days. Hug your own family tighter today and be grateful you can tell them you love them," he added.
Dwayne`s uncle said that Ata and Lina were driving home from an annual family fundraiser when the alleged drunk driver hit them.
Both women were rushed to the hospital and Ata was hospitalised for three nights for an injury the uncle refused to reveal.
Lina shared a collage of pictures on Instagram showing Dwayne visiting her in the hospital.
Lina underwent surgery for an undisclosed arm injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay movie review: Here’s Kajol’s verdict
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Diwali 2016: Plastic waste, glass bottles and paper scraps to light homes
- Diwali 2016: Unusual and quick snack ideas for parties
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple