Dying friend inspired David Harewood
London: Actor David Harewood says he decided to become an organ donor after watching one of his close friend die.
The 47-year-old actor has joined a list of famous people including business tycoon Richard Branson to raise awareness for the National Transplant Week campaign titled Pass It On, reports contactmusic.com.
The campaign started Monday.
In a promotional video, Harewood shared his experience.
"When you actually see death, it`s such a powerful thing. I suppose, I thought he would just look like he was sleeping... but that something special is missing and that`s when it hits home. That`s when you realise they`re dead. I`ll never forget that sight," he said.
The `Homeland` star, who played Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) executive David Estes in the US political thriller, had previously donated his bone marrow to help a stranger in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out