Dying friend inspired David Harewood
London: Actor David Harewood says he decided to become an organ donor after watching one of his close friend die.
The 47-year-old actor has joined a list of famous people including business tycoon Richard Branson to raise awareness for the National Transplant Week campaign titled Pass It On, reports contactmusic.com.
The campaign started Monday.
In a promotional video, Harewood shared his experience.
"When you actually see death, it`s such a powerful thing. I suppose, I thought he would just look like he was sleeping... but that something special is missing and that`s when it hits home. That`s when you realise they`re dead. I`ll never forget that sight," he said.
The `Homeland` star, who played Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) executive David Estes in the US political thriller, had previously donated his bone marrow to help a stranger in 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Watch: Varun, Kriti's party anthem 'Manma Emotion Jaage' from 'Dilwale'
- Tamasha movie review: It's all about Ranbir, Deepika's painful yet ecstatic journey