Dying friend inspired David Harewood
London: Actor David Harewood says he decided to become an organ donor after watching one of his close friend die.
The 47-year-old actor has joined a list of famous people including business tycoon Richard Branson to raise awareness for the National Transplant Week campaign titled Pass It On, reports contactmusic.com.
The campaign started Monday.
In a promotional video, Harewood shared his experience.
"When you actually see death, it`s such a powerful thing. I suppose, I thought he would just look like he was sleeping... but that something special is missing and that`s when it hits home. That`s when you realise they`re dead. I`ll never forget that sight," he said.
The `Homeland` star, who played Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) executive David Estes in the US political thriller, had previously donated his bone marrow to help a stranger in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- What makes some people binge drink while others stay sober! Read inside
- In a rush for office? Grab a quick, fun breakfast
- Chris Brown released from jail on USD 250,000 bail
- Do you love to buy handbags and worry about where to keep them? Watch video for help!
- Are blackheads giving you nightmares? Relax, and watch this video