Easy way to give a quirky twist to bar at home
Want to move on from the usual brown and black for the bar corner at your place? Use bright neon lights, pop art prints and funky wall art for a quirky look to it, says an expert.
Chirag Nangia, founder of Thecrazyme.com, has shared some tips that can turn around a dull-dim corner of your home into a funky bar:
* Use bright neon lights over the bar space to give a retro look that catches attention instantly.
* Look for a quirky cabinet with pop art prints, it would not only be a space to stack all the liquor and glasses, but also be a great furniture item that will brighten up the bar.
* Find a good stand to place your collectibles if you want to flaunt your collection of wines, whiskeys and stunning glassware.
* Not all bright colours are considered quirky. Choose colours wisely and stick more towards reds, yellows, oranges, grass greens and indigos.
* Most importantly settle on the coolest bar accessories for your bar like trendy beer mugs, wine glasses, bar mats, shot glasses, and place them beautifully on to the shelves.
* You can put lights over the shelves where you have your bar accessories at display.
* Use some funky wall arts to display your witty side and add that extra fun to the little corner.
* You can use mirror items to give an illusion of a bigger space and you can also place the mirror on the inside of your display cabinet.
* An out of the box design for a lamp will be the icing on the cake while you set up the bar platform. Place it in a corner that is hard to miss.
* Tissue boxes and wine holders that have an edgy design and in vibrant colours are a must have.