Easy ways to tone up at work
London: Healthy snacking and controlling portions can help get a desirable figure even if you are a workaholic.
Nutritionist Fiona Hunter shares tips for staying in shape at work, reports a website:
* Eat healthy snacks: Snacking should be a positive addition to your daily diet, but make sure to opt for healthy snacks. Look for snacks that are around 150 to 200 calories, low in fat or fat free, and that give important nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, calcium and protein.
* Plan ahead: When you step out for weekly shopping, think about portable and healthy items that you can take with you to the office. This way you are more likely to avoid tempting cookies and cake.
* Portion control: Individually portioned items are good for the workplace. If you open up a pack of biscuits or bag of crisps, you’re going to eat more than you planned to. But, with a single yoghurt, banana or nuts, you don’t have that worry.
* Indulge in protein: Some studies have shown that protein is a good way to keep hunger at bay. So, think about snacks such as a yoghurt, around 30 gram of almonds to get you through until your next meal time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui convicted for raping American woman
- Actor-photographer arrested for rape, blackmail
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- Anurag Kashyap's film honoured in South Korea
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover