Easy ways to tone up at work
London: Healthy snacking and controlling portions can help get a desirable figure even if you are a workaholic.
Nutritionist Fiona Hunter shares tips for staying in shape at work, reports a website:
* Eat healthy snacks: Snacking should be a positive addition to your daily diet, but make sure to opt for healthy snacks. Look for snacks that are around 150 to 200 calories, low in fat or fat free, and that give important nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, calcium and protein.
* Plan ahead: When you step out for weekly shopping, think about portable and healthy items that you can take with you to the office. This way you are more likely to avoid tempting cookies and cake.
* Portion control: Individually portioned items are good for the workplace. If you open up a pack of biscuits or bag of crisps, you’re going to eat more than you planned to. But, with a single yoghurt, banana or nuts, you don’t have that worry.
* Indulge in protein: Some studies have shown that protein is a good way to keep hunger at bay. So, think about snacks such as a yoghurt, around 30 gram of almonds to get you through until your next meal time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor