Ed Sheeran to launch hometown youth club
London: Singer Ed Sheeran plans to launch a youth club in his hometown. The 23-year-old `A Team` singer has spent 1.6 million pounds on a former police station in Suffolk in the hope of helping local youngsters, reportedly.
"I`m really excited about the project. I had a youth club from when I was 12 when I grew up and they did a battle of the bands every week and that`s where I and other bands started playing," he said.
"Then the land the club was on was sold and I just went off to London and did shows instead. Now there`s no youth club and nothing to do so it`s a bad situation."
Sheeran said he will have a hands-on approach to the centre. "The plan when I get older is to end up running that (the youth club) ? so I have pretty much planned my retirement," he said. Sheeran recently released his new music video for upcoming single `Sing` featuring Pharrell Williams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover wedding: Have you seen these latest PICTURES?
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Do men really mean all what they say? Read on to decode men
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!