Elizabeth Hurley to spend 6 million pounds to restore mansion
London: Actress Elizabeth Hurley and her cricketer fiance Shane Warne are planning to spend 6 million pounds on restoration of their historic country home.
The couple have applied for planning permission to begin makeover of their Hertfordshire home and bring it back to its former glory, reported Contactmusic.
In their planning application, the couple stated, "The interior works will consist of a sensitive refurbishment and redecoration.
"In addition to general refurbishment and redecoration works, the overall ambition of the works is to undo a lot of the damage done over the last century with inappropriate design choices.
"All our works to the property seek to either repair, restore or reinstate the historic fabric of the building, or if new, to be historically in keeping and appropriate in style to the building," it read.
48-year-old Hurley and the cricketer, who have been engaged since 2011, bought the property last year.
Villagers are hoping this restoration process would be successful and they would get to see the couple often.
"It`s a beautiful old mansion but it needs a lot of money spending on it.We don`t see a lot of Liz and Shane but maybe once the place is up to scratch they will be spending more time there," said a local.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!