Elmo actor’s alleged `rape` victim drops charges
Washington: A man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teenage boy, dropped his claims on Tuesday, saying that the sex between them was adult and consensual.
Clash responded by saying in a statement that he is “relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest”
The man, who has not identified himself, released his statement through the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, law firm Andreozzi and Associates, Fox News reported.
Sesame Workshop, which produces ‘Sesame Street’ in New York, said, “We are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode.”
The problems began on Monday morning, when the Workshop announced that Clash had taken leave of absence in the wake of allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old.
Clash, who acknowledged that he is gay, denied the charges of his accuser, who is in his early 20s, by saying that the relationship had been between two consenting adults.
Sex with a person under 17 is a criminal act in New York if the perpetrator is at least 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say