Elton John to `celebrate` gay marriage law
London: Singer Elton John, who will exchange wedding vows with partner David Furnish in May, says that they will "celebrate" the law allowing same-sex marriage with their marriage.
John and Furnish entered into a civil partnership back in 2005 but want to make it official now that same-sex marriage is legal in England.
"I`m very proud of my country and I`m very proud of Britain and the laws that we`ve seen come into existence since we`ve been together," eonline.com quoted John as saying.
"So for this legislation to come through is joyous, and we should celebrate it. We shouldn`t just say, `Oh, well, we have a civil partnership. We`re not going to bother to get married.` We will get married," he added.
John believes it`s a duty to marry now that it`s legal. "Because it`s taken so long to come into existence, we should be grateful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest car ride will make you green with envy!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Navjot Singh Sidhu's fanboy moment with Blind T20 World Cup champs
- BMC polls 2017: Bollywood brigade urges people to step out and vote
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Two arrested, accused sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Veeram: Amitabh Bachchan unveils teaser of official theme song – WATCH, It’s intense!