Elton John tops list of charitable celebrities
London: Singing legend Elton John has topped a list of charitable British celebrities after donating millions of pounds to worthy causes last year.
The `Rocket Man` hitmaker donated a massive ?24 million pound to charities in 2013, including 14 million pound raised by gigs for his Aids foundations, making him the highest-ranking celebrity on The Sunday Times Giving List 2013, which tracks the philanthropy of Britain`s super-rich, reportedly.
`Harry Potter` author JK Rowling comes a distant second in the rankings after giving 9.4 million pounds to charities, ahead of U2 frontman Bono, who donated 8 million pounds.
Also included in the list are David and Victoria Beckham, who donated 3.4 million pounds to charity in 2013, rockers Coldplay, who gave 2.8 million pounds and One Direction, who raised 2.1 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!