Elvis Presley`s bible and funeral notes up for sale
New York: Some rare artifacts from King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley`s 1977 funeral are going up for sale.
They include a handwritten list of songs and speeches planned for the funeral as prepared by gospel singer JD Sumner, whom Elvis` father personally asked to organise the ceremony, attended by James Brown, Ann-Margret and George Hamilton, reportedly.
A day before the funeral, 30,000 fans attended a public viewing at Graceland. The White House had to send in 300 National Guard troops to maintain order.
Sumner`s notes come with a personalised Bible given to him by TV evangelist Reverend Rex Humbard, who officiated at the rite. The letter and Bible are going for USD 95,000 together from Moments in Time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- THIS is where Shah Rukh Khan feels the 'happiest'