Elvis Presley's jets up for sale
Los Angeles: King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley's last two jets, the 'Lisa Marie' and 'Hound Dog II', are all set for sale.
The four-engine 'Lisa Marie' features a queen-size bed, gold bathroom fixtures, a videotape system with four TVs and a stereo system with 52 speakers, reportedly.
The tail section on the 1960 Convair 880 features Presley's trademark 'TCB' -- for 'Taking Care of Business' -- and a colour scheme personally chosen by Elvis.
The smaller 'Hound Dog II' JetStar was Presley's back-up plane, flown while 'Lisa Marie' was remodelled to suit Elvis' tastes.
These planes represent the epitome of 1975 rock star luxury, but if you buy them don't expect to fly them. "They're both museum pieces," said K G Coker, the Memphis man who bought them after Presley's 1977 death.
They've not been flown since they were parked at the tourist entrance to Presley's Graceland mansion in 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Observed Ranbir's style to sing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' song: Arijit Singh
- What made Sohail Khan shift focus to direction, production? Here's the truth
- Sanjay Dutt is still all 'bhai bhai' with Salman Khan? Scoop inside
- This temple in Karnataka’s coastal region has world’s second-tallest Shiva statue
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra slams divorce rumours, says she loves her husband—Full story inside!