Elvis Presley's jets up for sale
Los Angeles: King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley's last two jets, the 'Lisa Marie' and 'Hound Dog II', are all set for sale.
The four-engine 'Lisa Marie' features a queen-size bed, gold bathroom fixtures, a videotape system with four TVs and a stereo system with 52 speakers, reportedly.
The tail section on the 1960 Convair 880 features Presley's trademark 'TCB' -- for 'Taking Care of Business' -- and a colour scheme personally chosen by Elvis.
The smaller 'Hound Dog II' JetStar was Presley's back-up plane, flown while 'Lisa Marie' was remodelled to suit Elvis' tastes.
These planes represent the epitome of 1975 rock star luxury, but if you buy them don't expect to fly them. "They're both museum pieces," said K G Coker, the Memphis man who bought them after Presley's 1977 death.
They've not been flown since they were parked at the tourist entrance to Presley's Graceland mansion in 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!