Emily Watson to star in Hawking biopic
London: Actress Emily Watson has joined Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the cast of Stephen Hawking biopic `The Theory Of Everything`.
Watson along with Charlie Cox, Simon McBurney, Maxine Peake and Harry Lloyd have joined the cast of the Stephen Hawking biopic, which has already begun shooting in the UK.
The movie follows the early days of the celebrated physicist, played by Eddie Redmayne, and his first wife Jane Wilde (Felicity Jones)
The pair met at Cambridge university in the 1960s and pledged to stay together even after Hawking was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. The physicist eventually left Jane for his nurse Elaine Mason, marrying in 1995, but following his 2006 divorce, the former couple are close friends again.
It is not clear yet who the new cast members will play in the biopic.
James Marsh is directing the film from Anthony McCarten`s script, while Working Title`s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and Lisa Bruce and Anthony McCarten are producing.
Watson was last seen in `Anna Karenina` and has `Some Girl(s), `Belle` and `The Book Thief` ready for release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'