Emma Watson joins Turkish women`s rebellion
London: `Harry Potter` star Emma Watson has joined a campaign set up by Turkish women to rebel against a politician who branded females "indecent" for laughing in public.
Earlier this week, the Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc insisted honest women should not laugh in public because it is disgusting, reportedly.
Females staged a protest on Twitter, setting up a campaign with the hashtag #DirenKahkaha, which translates to Resist Laugh, and posted pictures of themselves laughing in open spaces.
Watson, an ambassador for United Nations women, joined in and shared a picture of herself having a giggle at an outdoor restaurant.
It has been reposted more than 15,000 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA