Enter the Dragon` star Jim Kelly dies of cancer
Los Angeles: Actor Jim Kelly, who starred alongside Bruce Lee in ‘Enter the Dragon’, has passed away.
The actor died at his San Diego home because of cancer. He was 67, reported Ace Showbiz.
Kelly`s ex-wife Marilyn Dishman took to Facebook to announce the sad news.
"Yesterday, June 29, 2013, James Milton Kelly, better known as Jim Kelly, the Karate expert, actor, my first husband and Sabrena Kelly-Lewis`s biological father died. Sabrena needs all of your good thoughts and prayers. This is a difficult situation to process. Even I am having trouble processing it. Like his mother, there will be no service!" the Facebook post read.
Kelly was born in May 1946. He grew up in Kentucky as a talented athlete who joined baseball, football and track teams.
Kelly started practising martial arts in 1964 and later earned a black belt in Karate after moving to California. He said that he wanted to become an actor after winning Karate tournaments.
He starred in many movies during 1970s, such as "Black Belt Jones", "Three the Hard Way" and "Black Samurai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!