Eva Longoria annoyed by gags, lashes out on Twitter
Miami: Eva Longoria was obviously irritated by a joke that said the actress would play, among other roles, the mother of Cuban actor William Levy in a telenovela on Televisa.
Though the supposed news story turned out to be a joke, the actress apparently did not take it that way, judging by her indignant rebuttal on Twitter, in which she denied the report.
"Latin Post IS responsible for inaccuracies! U should check ur sources Melissa Castellanos before printing. And now REPRINTING! Idiots," the actress wrote on her official Twitter account.
Longoria was talking about several local media outlets that published news stories echoing the original joke, which spoke of a contract for her to make several telenovelas in Spanish with Televisa, a company headed by Jose Baston, said by showbiz reporters to be her new boyfriend.
According to the gossip, Longoria would play the part of the wicked Maria Rubio in a new version of the telenovela "Cuna de Lobos".
"How can people make stuff and print it? Not one word of this is true! Even has fake quotes from me!" complained the Texan actress, who won fame in the TV series "Desperate Housewives."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!