Eva Longoria starts Latino political group
Los Angeles: Former `Desperate Housewives` star Eva Longoria has launched a political group - Latino Victory Project. The 39-year-old actress called it a non-partisan effort to create more political engagement among Latinos, even though her co-founder, Henry Munoz III, is the finance chairman of the Democratic National Committee, reportedly.
Longoria insisted the goal of the group was simply to encourage political participation across the board in the Latino community.
"It is important to me that the ballots represent the landscape of America. It is a very ambitious effort. It is a non-partisan effort. It is never been undertaken before," Longoria said.
For Munoz, the new organisation is about taking "the future into our own hands... In name of everyone who has ever walked, or worked, or fought ? so everyone has a voice, everyone has a vote and everyone has power."
Along with the new organisation, Longoria and Munoz also announced the launch of a separate fundraising arm, the Latino Victory PAC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight on flight: Kapil Sharma’s rumoured former girlfriend breaks her silence on his fight with Sunil Grover
- Harbhajan Singh will be happy to see Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma as a married couple!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- 'Life' movie review: Suspenseful and thrilling
- 'Anaarkali Of Aarah' movie review: Swara Bhaskar spectacular in simply stunning film!