Eva Longoria to co-chair Barack Obama`s inauguration committee
Los Angeles: Former `Desperate Housewives` star Eva Longoria has been unveiled as a co-chair of US President Barack Obama`s inauguration committee.
The 37-year-old actress tirelessly campaigned for the leader`s re-election prior to America`s vote last month, even speaking at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, reported ABC News.
It has now been announced that Longoria will serve as a co-chair of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, which oversees the planning of the official inauguration ball and other celebratory events honouring the newly re-elected president.
In a post on her Twitter page Longoria said, "Excited and honoured to co-chair the Obama inaugural in 2013! Will I see you in DC."
Obama`s public inauguration ceremony will take place in Washington, DC on January 21 and marks the official start of the President`s second term in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Don't think it will be difficult to gel with Farhan Akhtar: Kriti Sanon
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles
- Actors are very small fish, say B-Town celebs on MNS threat
- MNS threat to Pakistan artists: Here's what Sushant Singh Rajput has to say