Eva Longoria to co-chair Barack Obama`s inauguration committee
Los Angeles: Former `Desperate Housewives` star Eva Longoria has been unveiled as a co-chair of US President Barack Obama`s inauguration committee.
The 37-year-old actress tirelessly campaigned for the leader`s re-election prior to America`s vote last month, even speaking at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, reported ABC News.
It has now been announced that Longoria will serve as a co-chair of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, which oversees the planning of the official inauguration ball and other celebratory events honouring the newly re-elected president.
In a post on her Twitter page Longoria said, "Excited and honoured to co-chair the Obama inaugural in 2013! Will I see you in DC."
Obama`s public inauguration ceremony will take place in Washington, DC on January 21 and marks the official start of the President`s second term in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Court to pronounce verdict today
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal