Ex-accountant slams Rihanna
New York: Rihanna`s ex-accountant Peter Gounis has claimed that the R&B star spent her money on shopping and extravagant parties, which gave her financial troubles.
Gounis filed a response to the singer`s lawsuit, in which she claims he left her virtually bankrupt with USD 9 million in debt in 2009, reportedly.
In the court papers filed on Gounis` behalf, he has insisted that he was only hired to record and manage her accounts and not to give her advice about spending.
In the documents Gounis claims that Rihanna`s choices, which included expensive costumes and sets for her 2010 `Last Girl on Earth` tour was what caused her money troubles.
He also said Rihanna dropped out of an expensive tour to shoot her movie.
"The tour was very expensive in that acts, scenes and equipment were purchased and used to make it an impact tour. The tour did not make as much money as projected. Gounis, however... Did not leave the tour to go act in a movie, Rihanna did," said a document filed in Manhattan Federal Court.
The accountant has apparently asked the judge to dismiss the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover wedding: Have you seen these latest PICTURES?
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Do men really mean all what they say? Read on to decode men
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!