Ex- judge Joe Brown arrested for `contempt of court`
Washington: Joe Brown has been arrested after allegedly being verbally abusive at a Memphis juvenile court.
The former TV judge reportedly became verbally abusive and was warned several times to quiet down during a trial where he showed up to represent someone in a child support case, which the court staff claimed was not in their records.
Sources revealed that Brown, who is said to be running for D.A. of Shelby County, was "playing to the peanut gallery" and "incited a near riot", and ignored the judge, which led to his arrested for contempt of court.
He was cited for contempt 5 times and has been ordered to spend 5 days in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gigi Hadid named the new face of 'Topshop'
- Conan O'Brien sued for allegedly stealing jokes from Twitter
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments