Facebook and Skype to team up for video chat function?
London: Social networking site Facebook is reportedly planning to team up with Skype to launch a video chat function for its millions of users.
It would mean that Facebook members would be able to video chat live with other members.
The news was reported by technology blog, Tech Crunch, in a story written by its editor, Michael Arrington, the Guardian reports.
“Next week, says a source with knowledge of the partnership, Facebook will launch a new video chat product, powered by Skype,” Arrington wrote.
Rumours about a tie-up between Facebook and Skype have swirled for several years without a finished product emerging.
Another influential tech blog, Mashable, confirmed the story.
“While Facebook and Skype aren``t saying anything officially, our sources confirm that Skype-powered video chat on Facebook will indeed be launching next week,” the website reported.
But this latest round of speculation is given credence by the fact that Facebook``s founder, Mark Zuckerberg, recently announced a major news conference for a new product.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!