Facebook and Skype to team up for video chat function?
London: Social networking site Facebook is reportedly planning to team up with Skype to launch a video chat function for its millions of users.
It would mean that Facebook members would be able to video chat live with other members.
The news was reported by technology blog, Tech Crunch, in a story written by its editor, Michael Arrington, the Guardian reports.
“Next week, says a source with knowledge of the partnership, Facebook will launch a new video chat product, powered by Skype,” Arrington wrote.
Rumours about a tie-up between Facebook and Skype have swirled for several years without a finished product emerging.
Another influential tech blog, Mashable, confirmed the story.
“While Facebook and Skype aren``t saying anything officially, our sources confirm that Skype-powered video chat on Facebook will indeed be launching next week,” the website reported.
But this latest round of speculation is given credence by the fact that Facebook``s founder, Mark Zuckerberg, recently announced a major news conference for a new product.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor