Fan tries to meet One Direction, gets injured
London: A fan of British band One Direction got hit by a lorry in a bid to meet the members.
The girl, 16, was struck by the vehicle as fellow fans watched in horror outside the Metro Arena in Newcastle, where the band was performing Monday.
"Police were informed at 3:30 p.m. that a 16-year-old girl had suffered minor injuries after being hit by a lorry in Dunn Street near the Metro Arena," mirror.co.uk quoted a police spokesperson as saying.
"She was taken to hospital as a precaution and has since been released. Officers are carrying out enquiries in order to establish what happened," the spokesperson added.
One Direction members are Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Harry Styles and Liam Payne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles