New Delhi: This festive season, give a trendy twist to your traditional wear. Go for capes, wide leg wrap pants, long jackets or embellished sweatshirts to glam up your ethnic outfit in new ways, says an expert.
Aastha Bahl, designer of brand Mistletoe, doles out some stylish tips for the festive season:
* Capes: These are hot for this festive season. Think rich jacquards, embellished or woollen -- this vital piece can dress up any outfit. A must-have this fall.
* Embellished sweatshirts and t-shirt dresses: Chunky stones and sequins make this super casual garment into something special. Great to wear to card parties.
* Draped pants or wide leg wrap pants: Think soft fluid silks, satins, crepes and velvets in rich jewel tones. They are good for all the parties you attend during festive season.
* Long jackets: Draped or structured, embroidered or in solid colours, long sleeved or sleeveless - these jackets can be worn over saris, tunics, anarkalis, lehengas and western outfits.
* Ox blood: A must have colour for this fall and for the festive season. It dresses up a casual outfit with a pair of evening shoes and chic accessories like traditional gold chandelier danglers.
* Bling. Well, bling is a staple during the Indian festive season. Think holographic, Umbre and patterns in sequins.