Fashionable condoms to promote safe sex
New York: Condom manufacturer Proper Attire collaborated with The Keith Haring Foundation to debut a line of art-inspired products at the Museum of Contemporary Art to mark World AIDS Day.
Each box, which contains three packaged condoms, is printed with designs by Keith Haring, a noted 1980s New York pop artist and AIDS activist, reports the New York Daily News.
They`re sold at MOCA and Opening Ceremony, a boutique in Manhattan, and a pack of three costs 5.99 dollars.
Haring, who died in 1990, was known both for his iconic pop and street art and for being a social activist.
He started a foundation that maintains his work to this day with a variety of AIDS and children``s organizations.
This is the second collaboration between Proper Attire, which is associated with Planned Parenthood, and the Keith Haring Foundation.
"The Keith Haring Foundation is a perfect partner for the Proper Attire brand," company director Rachel Molloy said in a press release.
"The work Keith and the foundation have done for the AIDS community during and after his lifetime makes him an ideal representative," Molloy said.
The company hopes that if condom use is seen as fashionable, more people will engage in safer sex practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Adah Sharma gears up for action-packed 'Commando 2' – View pics
- Prince's 'Purple Rain' jacket set for auction
- Wanted to do something in English: Jacqueline Fernandez
- These workout pictures, video of Karan Patel will make you hit the gym!
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Mahabharata’s Bhima is related to Lord Hanuman – Here’s how
- Have your tried this colour-changing cake? Watch here!