Fashionable condoms to promote safe sex
New York: Condom manufacturer Proper Attire collaborated with The Keith Haring Foundation to debut a line of art-inspired products at the Museum of Contemporary Art to mark World AIDS Day.
Each box, which contains three packaged condoms, is printed with designs by Keith Haring, a noted 1980s New York pop artist and AIDS activist, reports the New York Daily News.
They`re sold at MOCA and Opening Ceremony, a boutique in Manhattan, and a pack of three costs 5.99 dollars.
Haring, who died in 1990, was known both for his iconic pop and street art and for being a social activist.
He started a foundation that maintains his work to this day with a variety of AIDS and children``s organizations.
This is the second collaboration between Proper Attire, which is associated with Planned Parenthood, and the Keith Haring Foundation.
"The Keith Haring Foundation is a perfect partner for the Proper Attire brand," company director Rachel Molloy said in a press release.
"The work Keith and the foundation have done for the AIDS community during and after his lifetime makes him an ideal representative," Molloy said.
The company hopes that if condom use is seen as fashionable, more people will engage in safer sex practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Do men really mean all what they say? Read on to decode men
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow