Female characters defined by physical attractiveness: Amber Heard
Los Angeles: Actress Amber Heard thinks that Hollywood too often defines its female characters by their physical attractiveness.
The actress said that she "fought" to get into movies as she had no contacts in the industry.
"You name me movies where the woman`s part isn`t narrower than the man`s and they will be the exceptions - not the norm. I think in Europe things are better, but, in the US, we still have characters who are defined by physical attractiveness.
"I try to search for roles where the character is not dependent on how she looks, but it is hard because I didn`t know anyone in this industry so I started as an extra and fought," Heard told Company magazine in an interview.
The 27-year-old feels bad that an actress is mostly seen in side roles.
"I`ve had to take on roles that were superficial, girlfriend roles, but I`ve tried to put some power or strength into them.
And I don`t think talent and beauty are mutually exclusive. It`s a shame that someone like Charlize Theron has to put on a bunch of weight and fake teeth to be seen as a talented actress."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ