F**k off would have been my daughter`s first words, says Helen Mirren
Melbourne: Dame Helen Mirren has revealed that if she`d had a daughter, the first words she would have taught her would have been `f*** off`.
During an interview with a UK publication, the veteran actress said she endured years of sexism during her career and the words would have equipped her daughter to deal with it, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The iconic star asserted that it`s quite valuable to have the courage and the confidence to say, `No, f*** off, leave me alone, thank you very much.
Mirren added that female actresses were forced to work much harder to be accepted than their male counterparts and that it`s taken decades for women to be treated equally .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud