F**k off would have been my daughter`s first words, says Helen Mirren
Melbourne: Dame Helen Mirren has revealed that if she`d had a daughter, the first words she would have taught her would have been `f*** off`.
During an interview with a UK publication, the veteran actress said she endured years of sexism during her career and the words would have equipped her daughter to deal with it, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The iconic star asserted that it`s quite valuable to have the courage and the confidence to say, `No, f*** off, leave me alone, thank you very much.
Mirren added that female actresses were forced to work much harder to be accepted than their male counterparts and that it`s taken decades for women to be treated equally .
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated