Florence Welch buys first home
London: Pop star Florence Welch has moved into a new home after spending months sleeping on the floor at her mother`s house in between tours.
The `Dog Days Are Over` hitmaker recently purchased her first property, a Georgian house, just 10 minutes away from her mother`s pad, and she says her relocation was a little overdue, reported Daily Star.
"I went from singing at the Met ball (New York`s Metropolitan gala) to coming home and sleeping on a mattress in my mum`s living room," Welch said.
"I really needed to move out - my clothes had taken over my bedroom and my brother`s room! My space looked like an old lady`s brain explosion."
Welch invited cameras from fashion bible Vogue to photograph her new accommodation and she shows off her so-called "Renaissance corner" in the magazine`s May edition.
The singer said she is still adjusting to living on her own - although she`s enjoying the independence.
"There are still some moments when I get a bit spun out - it`s my first time living away. I thought it would be kind of, `Where am I?` But it definitely feels like home," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film