Forest Whitaker furious over shoplifting charges
Los Angeles: `Last King of Scotland` star Forest Whitaker was left fuming after he was wrongly accused of shoplifting from a New York City shop.
The 51-year-old actor was leaving the Milano Market on Manhattan`s Upper East Side when he was stopped by a store employee and accused of taking an item from the shelf without paying for it.
Whitaker was reportedly frisked by the worker, and the actor`s spokesperson reveals the actor was upset by the incident, reported TMZ online.
"This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment.
"Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights. Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behaviour and treat the public in a fair and just manner," his representative said.
Bosses at the market are yet to comment on the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Here's what Farhan Akhtar has to say
- Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor keen to shoot more films in Meghalaya
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal