Formal talks on `Vishwaroopam` to be held today evening
Chennai: Following preliminary talks moderated by Tamil Nadu Home Secretary R. Rajagopal between Chandra Haasan and leaders of Muslim organisations Friday, both parties are likely to meet formally in the evening in a bid to end the ban on the film ‘Vishwaroopam’.
"Both parties have finished the first round of talks. They will meet formally around 6 p.m. to come to an amicable solution," a government source told IANS.
Both parties convened for the talks around 11:45 p.m. here Friday.
Muslim leaders met Tamil filmmaker Ameer Sultan and Chandra Haasan, brother of actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan and his partner in production company Raj Kamal Films International, Jan 31.
"We`ve submitted letters to the government requesting it to oversee the talks between Raj Kamal Films International and (Muslim) leaders", Chandra Haasan said later on Thursday.
Both sides agreed to meet after Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa said her government would help Kamal Haasan release the film if he reaches a pact with the protesters.
The Rs.95 crore espionage thriller was set for release in Tamil and Telugu January 25, but a day earlier the Tamil Nadu government imposed a two-week ban on it fearing protests by Muslim groups.
The film`s Hindi version, ‘Vishwaroop’, released Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Comedy Nights Bachao Tazaa’ to be replaced by THIS comedian’s show?
- Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: J&K government may provide security to ‘Dangal’ star
- Hrithik Roshan's latest 'Kaabil' dialogue promo has megastar Amitabh Bachchan's connect!
- Amitabh Bachchan is the greatest actor that we have in the country: Rishi Kapoor
- Totally Clooed! Karan Johar meets George Clooney; poses for a click!