Former Miss Venezuela Mónica Spear shot dead
Caracas: Former Venezuelan beauty queen and actress Mónica Spear was murdered during an attempted highway robbery here in presence of her five-year-old daughter. She was 29.
The incident took place Monday, after Spear`s car broke down in the Puerto Cabello-Valencia highway here. Delinquents shot and killed her and her ex-husband, Henry Thomas Berry. The former couple`s daughter Maya was shot in the leg, but she survived, reports eonline.com.
The family had met with a small accident that stranded their rented Toyota Corolla, police said. Armed men approached the car and the family locked themselves inside. The assailants then opened fire.
Spear, who lived in Miami, had been documenting their trip via Instagram before she was murdered.
She had won the title of Miss Venezuela in 2004 and participated in Miss Universe 2005 in Thailand. She went on to appear in a number of Venezuelan soap operas like `La Mujer Perfecta` and `Calle Luna, Calle Sol` before acting in US show `Flor Salvaje`.
Spear`s most recent TV show `Pasión Prohibida` was showcased in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals how to avoid negativity and her thoughts truly deserve an applause
- Aamir Khan one of the most inspiring person: Shraddha Kapoor
- Oscars 2017: Academy offers apology on best picture announcement gaffe
- Bob Harper suffers a heart attack, now recovering