French are jealous of my success and beauty, says Roman Polanski’s wife
London: Controversial film director Roman Polanski’s wife has claimed that she has been criticised by other Frenchwomen because they are jealous of her “success, beauty and money.”
The 79-year-old himself is notorious as a fugitive from justice in the United States over the rape of a 13-year-old girl.
However, Emmanuelle Seigner has suggested that the main reason she has faced attacks from her fellow Frenchwomen was their jealousy of her “success, beauty and money”.
The 46-year-old actress and pop singer said that she could not explain the chemistry between herself and the Oscar-winning director but admitted that she liked the “danger” and unpredictability of not fitting the mould of a perfect relationship.
“In France, I guess there’s something like a tyranny in mentalities – we accept success badly, beauty, money,” a leading daily has quoted Seigner as saying.
“People are certainly envious, and this creates negative energy. This is annoying. I suffered a great deal at one time. I had to fight harder than others. Add to that my marriage to Polanski,” she said.
Seigner met the film director while appearing in one of his films ‘Frantic’ in 1988, alongside Harrison Ford, but is now mainly known for her work inside France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut birthday special: The bold and beautiful 'Queen' who knows how to rule!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?