French are jealous of my success and beauty, says Roman Polanski’s wife
London: Controversial film director Roman Polanski’s wife has claimed that she has been criticised by other Frenchwomen because they are jealous of her “success, beauty and money.”
The 79-year-old himself is notorious as a fugitive from justice in the United States over the rape of a 13-year-old girl.
However, Emmanuelle Seigner has suggested that the main reason she has faced attacks from her fellow Frenchwomen was their jealousy of her “success, beauty and money”.
The 46-year-old actress and pop singer said that she could not explain the chemistry between herself and the Oscar-winning director but admitted that she liked the “danger” and unpredictability of not fitting the mould of a perfect relationship.
“In France, I guess there’s something like a tyranny in mentalities – we accept success badly, beauty, money,” a leading daily has quoted Seigner as saying.
“People are certainly envious, and this creates negative energy. This is annoying. I suffered a great deal at one time. I had to fight harder than others. Add to that my marriage to Polanski,” she said.
Seigner met the film director while appearing in one of his films ‘Frantic’ in 1988, alongside Harrison Ford, but is now mainly known for her work inside France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own shit' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!