French band makes Delhiites sway
New Delhi: French band Vendeurs D`Enclumes made Delhiites sway to their tunes, even though many in the audience couldn`t understand the words.
The five-member band, led by vocalist Valerian Renault, played jazz with a touch of rock music. Even though the songs sung by Renault were in French language, most of the audience was seen enjoying the music.
The band has already played in places like Puducherry, Thiruvananthapuram and Kathmandu, and Renault says despite the language barrier, the audiences enjoyed their music.
"The audience here is Indian and lyrics are very important in our songs. But we also give a lot of importance to the music and that what connected the audience with our music. They don`t understand what I say but they like our act," Renault told reporters.
With the audience of more than 250 people, the amphitheatre in Zorba, also came alive when the second performance of Indian band Swarathma started.
"The event was a small effort on our part to help the French Embassy in reaching out to the Indian audiences with French culture. And I have to admit that I was quite pleasantly surprised by the enthusiastic response from the Delhi audience. It was, indeed, one of the finest audiences we have had at Zorba," said Ranjan Chopra, owner of Zorba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!