Fun ways to celebrate Christmas
Come December and one starts slipping into the festive mood. Going to the church, caroling, family get-togethers and eating the traditional spread are all part of the extended Christmas celebrations. Break the monotony of celebrating Christmas the traditional way by getting a bit more creative and planning your activities in a way that it leaves you feeling rejuvenated and revitalized.
Go singing around: Caroling is the best way to slip into the festive mood. Get some friends and family together, go door to door in your neighbourhood and sign a few holiday tunes. You just need to memorise one or two holiday songs to get everyone into the festival spirit.
Prepare gift baskets at home: Instead of dropping to the supermarket to pick gifts, make something more personalised. Get a basket, fill it with homemade candies, baked stuss and chocolates. Wrap it with a transparent gift wrapping paper. The whole idea of putting in that extra bit of effort is to make your loved ones feel special.
Go to sleepover: Preparing dinner, getting your house done and cleaning up post the dinner can leave you feeling stressed. Instead of partying, just go for a sleepover at your friends or relatives place and have a long chat over a cup of coffee and snacks. This will not only make your bond stronger but will also help de-stress.
Go on a vacation: No more does festivity mean staying back home and calling every one over for a meal. Festival holidays are more about taking a break from the complexities of a regular day’s life. Plan a mini-getaway to the mountains, a beach resort, or a family favourite destination.
Spread happiness: If you believe in good deeds, go to a nearby local shelter or hospital. Christmas is all about doing good for the less privileged. Celebrate Christmas at an old age home or an orphanage. Buy gifts for those who can`t afford. Seeing them smile will definitely make you feel content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Abhishek Bachchan's thoughts about getting inked- Know what the actor feels
- Watch: Karan Patel, Ankita Bhargava’s wedding video will restore your faith in 'Arranged Love'
- Here’s why you need to read Arpita Khan Sharma’s response to haters
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form
- In this spectacular temple complex, you will find a hall with ‘thousand’ pillars!