Future generations will not look too kindly on us, says Matt Damon
New Delhi: Matt Damon, who is known for being a keen philanthropist and environmentalist, has expressed concern for the forthcoming generations and the environmental issues they are going to face.
The actor said that the future generations would not look kindly on us and our grand kids and great-grand kids are going to have to live here, Sony Pictures reported.
The star insisted that no one should be like "Well, I`m not going to be around, so f*** the rest of you", instead the attitude should be like "Well, this is our problem, so let`s work on it together".
Damon added that people have created this weird block when it comes to projecting beyond themselves, as though they`ve become selfish on some very deep level.
Damon`s upcoming flick `Elysium` is set in a ravaged Earth in the year 2159 AD where humans are dealing with overpopulation, poverty and disease, while the wealthy live on a lavish space station called Elysium.
The movie, which will be released in both English and Hindi, will hit the theatres on August 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success