Gaga, Tony Bennett surprise graduates with masterclass
New York: Pop star Lady Gaga and singer Tony Bennett surprised a group of students in New York City by hosting a masterclass on their final day of school.
The two reunited at the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts, a facility Bennett opened in 2001 in his hometown of Astoria, Queens, reportedly..
The crooner usually attends the annual graduation ceremony, but is unable to make it to this year`s event due to his hectic tour schedule.
To make up for his absence, he recruited Gaga to join him for a special performance and masterclass at the school`s Tony Bennett Concert Hall Monday.
Bennett and Gaga began the event by discussing jazz music before answering questions from members of the 700-strong audience.
Bennett also gushed about his pop star friend by telling the crowd: "When I first heard Gaga sing, my reaction was that she is going to be bigger than Elvis.
"She is so bright and intelligent and she has `it`. In jazz you either got it, the syncopation, the rhythm, or you don`t, and when I heard Gaga I said she`s got it.”
The two then performed for the audience.
Bennett and Gaga first collaborated on the latter`s Duets II album in 2011, covering “The Lady Is A Tramp”, and are currently working on a jazz record slated for release later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser