Gemma Arterton lashes out at diet pressure in showbiz
London: Gemma Arterton has slammed the relentless pressure being put on young actresses to lose weight.
The `Clash Of The Titans` beauty revealed an instance of one unnamed pal, who has dramatically shrunk by several dress sizes in a matter of weeks, the Daily Express reported.
The Bond girl said that she saw an actress she knows and she`s lost so much weight.
Arterton, 27, told the publication that her friend had gone from a size 12 to a size 4 within two months and there are so many good, intelligent actresses doing this.
The British star asserted that her fellow female stars should not succumb to the physical demands expected of them by sections of the industry.
"Why does that go hand in hand with the acting profession?" she adds. "It shouldn`t. It lets the side down. It lets down team woman."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Kapoor & Sons': Alia Bhatt, Sidharth, Fawad Khan had a blast—Watch here!
- Adele to perform pre-Grammy concert at LA's Wiltern Theatre
- Priyanka Chopra's first Marathi film 'Ventilator' kicks off!
- Aishwarya chills with Aaradhya, Shweta—See pic shared by Amitabh Bachchan!
- Anushka Sharma flexes muscles for ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan: See Pics