Gemma Arterton wants to be role model for young girls
London: Gemma Arterton has revealed that she chooses only those roles which she thinks will act as a good example for young girls.
The 27-year-old actress, who is playing the role of a scantily clad, lap-dancing prostitute in her latest movie ` Byzantium `, told the Hunger Magazine that she always thinks about the young girls in the audience to the point where it`s probably not helped her in terms of her career, the Daily Express reported.
The former bond girl further insisted that even though she has to play the role of a victim or a user or a villain at times, she tries to depict women in a positive sense.
"When you play the hero, you don`t do it wearing a bra and knickers," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Diwali 2016: Plastic waste, glass bottles and paper scraps to light homes
- Diwali 2016: Unusual and quick snack ideas for parties
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple