Gen Y women feel they are expected to give oral sex
Melbourne: An Australian survey has found that Generation Y women feel pressured to give oral sex, and some even find that it is expected of them.
The survey by Family Planning NSW revealed that half the women aged 16 to 25 said they had sometimes been pressured to give oral sex, and many reported that young men “expect” to receive it.
“Most people I know that have oral sex only do it because everyone else does, and if you don’t, you’re frigid,” the Age quoted a 16-year-old girl as telling the researchers.
Despite this, the survey of 250 young women’s attitudes towards oral sex, found that young women were overwhelmingly positive about oral sex - 82 percent said they found it “enjoyable and rewarding”.
The most common reason for having oral sex, according to the survey was: “It feels good.”
While some of the young women said the practice promoted intimacy, a quarter of those surveyed saw oral sex as a less intimate alternative to penetrative sex, for which they said “they weren’t ready”.
A further 14 percent considered oral sex safer than other forms of sex, because there was no risk of pregnancy and less risk of picking up a sexually transmitted disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', rakes in Rs 40 cr on opening day!