George Harrison’s leather jacket goes for $176k at auction
Washington: A leather jacket that was once owned by late Beatles star George Harrison has sold for a staggering 176,000 dollars (110,000 pounds) at an auction in London.
The black jacket, which was snapped up by a private collector, dated from musician’s early days in the Fab Four when the group was performing in Hamburg, Germany in 1960.
Harrison was often seen wearing the jacket onstage at the band’s early shows, Contactmusic reported.
Other items that went under the hammer at the Bonham’s auction included his custom-made leather Beatle boots and a guitar used by Sir Paul MCCartney in the 1950s, which sold for more than 68,600 dollars (43,000 pounds).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Amitabh Bachchan hails Yuvraj Singh, calls him an exceptional champ!
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!