G.I. Joe action figures were my family, says Dwayne `The Rock` Johnson
Washington: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said that joining the cast of the `G.I. Joe` franchise was a little bit like coming home.
The actor told CNN at the movie`s premiere in Los Angeles on Thursday, he was a big fan of the action figures when he was growing up as an only child.
"`G.I. Joe` and `Star Wars` action figures, they were my family. So you can imagine what it was like to get the phone call saying, `Hey, we want you to be a G.I. Joe, we want you to lead the Joes, and then we have this idea to really reignite the franchise`," he said.
That idea involved casting Johnson as the lead of `G.I. Joe: Retaliation`, the follow-up to 2009 movie which starred Channing Tatum.
Jon Chu directed the action flick, which has been described as grittier, and not as keen on the "cartoonish" but fun moments some critics picked up on in the first instalment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated