Girlfriend had kicked out Hoffman from home over addiction
New York:Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died of an apparent drug overdose, had been kicked out of the apartment he shared with longtime girlfriend because of his heroin addiction.
According to friends of the actor said Mimi O`Donnell had asked the actor to spend time away from their three kids while he tried to control his drug problem, reported New York Post.
"It was known that he was struggling to stay sober, and (girlfriend Mimi O`Donnell) had given him some tough love and told him he needed some time away from the kids and to get straight again," a Hollywood source said.
The actor, 46, star started renting a tony USD 9,800-a-month pad on Bethune Street in Greenwich Village, which was near to the home he`d shared with O`Donnell and their three young kids ? around three months ago, neighbors said.
He was found dead of an apparent heroin overdose in his apartment Sunday morning.
"He was apparently in the throes of a major heroin addiction when he died," a law-enforcement source said, adding that there didn`t appear to be another woman in the actor`s life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India