Girlfriend had kicked out Hoffman from home over addiction
New York:Oscar-winner Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died of an apparent drug overdose, had been kicked out of the apartment he shared with longtime girlfriend because of his heroin addiction.
According to friends of the actor said Mimi O`Donnell had asked the actor to spend time away from their three kids while he tried to control his drug problem, reported New York Post.
"It was known that he was struggling to stay sober, and (girlfriend Mimi O`Donnell) had given him some tough love and told him he needed some time away from the kids and to get straight again," a Hollywood source said.
The actor, 46, star started renting a tony USD 9,800-a-month pad on Bethune Street in Greenwich Village, which was near to the home he`d shared with O`Donnell and their three young kids ? around three months ago, neighbors said.
He was found dead of an apparent heroin overdose in his apartment Sunday morning.
"He was apparently in the throes of a major heroin addiction when he died," a law-enforcement source said, adding that there didn`t appear to be another woman in the actor`s life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- Salman Khan strikes candid pose with nephews Arhaan and Nirvaan! – Pic inside
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President