Good writing can pull audiences to theatres: Boman Irani
Mumbai: Actor Boman Irani believes that while writers are not given much importance in Bollywood, they are the ones who can actually lead the audiences into a theatre.
"In India, especially in our films, we don`t respect the writers, not in the credit titles or anywhere else... we don`t accept the size of their contribution. We believe that a writer eventually does not lead the audience into a theatre," the 52-year-old said here Tuesday at the launch of author Sanjay Chopra`s book `Talespin`.
"But I feel that if writing is good and effective then the audiences will definitely come to the theatres," he added.
Meanwhile, when asked if he believes in his hit film `3 Idiots` philosophy of running after efficiency and not success in context of the Rs.100 crore-club, Boman said: "I believe in the thought of `3 Idiots` but it would be wrong to say `running after Rs.100 crore` because `3 Idiots` also raked in Rs.300 crore... the fact of the matter is this."
"But if you forget the money equation and work towards excellence, then you will definitely earn even more that Rs.100 crore... `3 Idiots` is the greatest example of it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheers! Your evening drink may work as anti-depressant
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!