Grammys 2014: Daft Punk, Lorde win top honours
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
Los Angeles: Below are the winners in selected categories at the 56th annual Grammy Awards announced on Sunday during ceremonies at the Nokia Theatre and Staples Center:
-Daft Punk won record of the year for “Get Lucky”, making it the rare dance song to win this award. The song featuring Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers also won Best Pop Duo/ Group Performance.
-Daft Punk's electronic adventure "Random Access Memories" won the best Album of the Year and Best Dance/electronica award.
-17-year-old singer Lorde won Best Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year for "Royals".
-Rappers Macklemore & Ryan Lewis picked up four Grammys. The Seattle hip-hop duo swept the rap awards in the pre-telecast for rap album “The Heist” and rap song and best rap sung performance for “Thrift Shop”. They then added a fourth Grammy during the prime-time national TV event with a victory in the prestigious best new artist category.
-Jay Z won Best/Rap Sung Collaboration for Holy Grail featuring Justin Timberlake. He dedicated his award to daughter Blue Ivy.
-Kacey Musgraves won the Best Country Album Award went for “Same Trailer Different Park.”
-Among the first to win awards were Canadian singers Michael Buble and Jennifer Gasoi. Michael won best traditional pop vocal album for “To Be Loved”, while Jennifer won the best children's album for “Throw a Penny in the Wishing Well”.
-Justin Timberlake won two awards, including best R&B song for Pusher Love Girl and music video for Suit & Tie.
-Adele won the best song written for visual media for "Skyfall".
-Rihanna won best Urban contemporary album for "Unapologetic".
-Pharrell Williams won Producer of the year, non-classical.
-Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" won Best Rock performance.
-Bruno Mars won Pop vocal album for “Unorthodox Jukebox”.
- "Cut me some slack", written and sung by Dave Grohl, Paul McCartney, Kris Novoselic and Pat Smear, won the Best Rock Song Award.
- Alicia Keys won best R&B album for “Girl on Fire”.
- Black Sabbath was honoured with a Grammy in the "Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance" category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- Audrey Hepburn letters sell at auction for 11,250 pounds
- Caitlyn Jenner praises Donald Trump
- Get that perfect stroke while applying eyeshadows! Watch video