Gwar frontman David Brockie found dead
Washington: Singer David Brockie, who formed the heavy metal band Gwar, was found dead at his residence in Richmond, Virginia. He was 50.
His body was found in his house on Sunday. Police did not suspect foul play on immediate investigation, but an autopsy will determine the cause of death.
"At approximately 6:53 p.m. on Sunday, Richmond Police were called to a residence in the 4800 block of West Seminary Avenue for a report of a deceased individual," a police spokesperson told Fox411.
"When officers arrived, they found David M. Brockie, 50, deceased inside the home. Detectives do not suspect foul play at this time," added the spokesperson.
Known for his stage name Oderus Urungus, Brockie had been in a punk band named Death Piggy that staged plays when he founded Gwar in 1984. After numerous lineup changes, Brockie dissolved Death Piggy and led Gwar, who released their debut album "Hell-O" in 1988.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!