Gwyneth Paltrow gets restraining order against stalker
Los Angeles: Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has been granted a temporary restraining order against an alleged stalker, who repeatedly tried to break into her family homes and sent her disturbing messages.
The 41-year-old `Iron Man` actress has taken legal measures against Nickolaos Gavrilis, ordering him to remain at least 100 yards from her, her estranged husband Chris Martin and their two children, Apple and Moses, reported E! online.
The fan is accused of trying to sneak into their family homes in London and Los Angeles.
The court petition granted last Friday featured details of the incidents from Terry Abbott, Paltrow`s Director of Security.
The first attempted break-in allegedly occurred in September 2012, when Nickolaos tried to get into the Paltrow`s house by saying he had a business meeting with her.
Legal action was taken when the supposed stalker made a third attempt to access Paltrow`s residence in Los Angeles, California, earlier this month.
He was also spotted on April 10 near the Tracy Anderson Studio, the actress` regular fitness haunt.
The man has also been accused of posting `disturbing` messages on Paltrow`s Facebook page, causing her `substantial emotional distress`.
David Glaser, a clinical and forensic psychiatry specialist, backed up the claims, saying the man poses a `danger of great and irreparable harm to Paltrow, her family, and those close to them.`
A hearing will take place on May 12 to decide whether the restraining order should be made permanent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check