Gwyneth Paltrow gets restraining order against stalker
Los Angeles: Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has been granted a temporary restraining order against an alleged stalker, who repeatedly tried to break into her family homes and sent her disturbing messages.
The 41-year-old `Iron Man` actress has taken legal measures against Nickolaos Gavrilis, ordering him to remain at least 100 yards from her, her estranged husband Chris Martin and their two children, Apple and Moses, reported E! online.
The fan is accused of trying to sneak into their family homes in London and Los Angeles.
The court petition granted last Friday featured details of the incidents from Terry Abbott, Paltrow`s Director of Security.
The first attempted break-in allegedly occurred in September 2012, when Nickolaos tried to get into the Paltrow`s house by saying he had a business meeting with her.
Legal action was taken when the supposed stalker made a third attempt to access Paltrow`s residence in Los Angeles, California, earlier this month.
He was also spotted on April 10 near the Tracy Anderson Studio, the actress` regular fitness haunt.
The man has also been accused of posting `disturbing` messages on Paltrow`s Facebook page, causing her `substantial emotional distress`.
David Glaser, a clinical and forensic psychiatry specialist, backed up the claims, saying the man poses a `danger of great and irreparable harm to Paltrow, her family, and those close to them.`
A hearing will take place on May 12 to decide whether the restraining order should be made permanent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows